Re: Proposed ietf.org email address policy

On 14. Jun 2021, at 01:55, John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I agree with Ned and his explanation of why the balance we have
> today is just about right.

This is all wrong.

Normally, it is the Germans who see the potential problems of some innovation and run around preventing things from happening because something *could* go wrong.
We even have a common word for that stereotype that is so widely spread in Germany, the “Bedenkenträger” (= “bearer of concerns”).

Now, if I find myself on the side of arguing for change where others are clinging to the status quo, I find this deeply concerning.

Grüße, Carsten

(If you didn’t notice, this is all tongue in cheek.
But I’m still amazed by what dangerous animals these ex-RFC-authors must be that we can’t expose them any further.)