Re: Proposed ietf.org email address policy

I'm with John in believing that there isn't enough of a problem to justify any
sort of change. In fact I'll go further and say that I think we have achieved,
perhaps unintentionally, a pretty effective balance, where authors can be
contacted, albeit with some effort, with effort increasing as specifications
age.

Like it or not, there are cranks out there, and sadly they can appear on both
sides of the equation. (This not to say this has happened in the case of RFC
authors - AFAIK it hasn't yet - but it most certainly has been a problem with
authors of important documents in other disciplines.)

				Ned