Re: Proposed ietf.org email address policy

Fred,

I think that is already in the proposal -- see the last bullet
point ("* existing individual email addresses under ietf.org...")

Lars and Jason,

Seems completely sensible to me and is fairly similar to what I
would have proposed if asked (probably just a happy
coincidence).  One tiny suggestion and a question:

* At least for the benefit of those of us with fat fingers, have
you considered a subdomain shorter than "staff".  "llc.ietf.org"
or even "co.ietf.org" or "ad.ietf.org" would seem to have small
advantages if done at the beginning?

* Several people who are not employees of the LLC, particularly
Secretariat Staff working for AMS, already have ietf.org role
accounts.  As I understand the proposal, that does not change.
They are now using AMSL.COM addresses when those role account
are inappropriate (or they don't have role accounts).  I assume
that does not change.  Correct?

Again, seems like a very good proposal and plan.

thanks,
   john

--On Thursday, June 10, 2021 11:16 -0700 Fred Baker