Re: Escalation: time commitment to fix *production* security bugs for BLS RFC v4?

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 8:08 AM Salz, Rich <rsalz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 That doesn’t matter.  What matters is what the document *is*

I can post a message saying “I have a standard way to remove fleas from dogs using software”  But that doesn’t make it an Internet-Draft, let alone a standards-track RFC.

It doesn't matter to you, but it does matter to other people like me. I only subscribed to this cfrg mailing list a few days ago and there, the word standard and rfc are used quite often (the search result definitely has false positives, but has true positives as well). The github https://github.com/cfrg/draft-irtf-cfrg-bls-signature from the authors says "BLS Standard Draft" and it also says "The repo is maintained by a working group aiming to standardize BLS signature scheme".