Re: What's the alternative to "snarling"?

On 4/19/21 1:09 PM, Leif Johansson wrote:

On 2021-04-19 21:46, Keith Moore wrote:
On 4/19/21 11:51 AM, Leif Johansson wrote:

In other words, they can spend all of their time politely explaining in detail why proposals are Bad Ideas, instead of getting useful work done.
Point to where the useful work will be done if we don’t stop this.
I don't want to either dismiss your concern (which I share) or sound flippant, but I also wonder where the useful work will be done if we DO stop this.
I appreciate your attempt to keep sticking to your point and trying to be serious
about it but... I just don't buy the IETF as the group of brilliant but tortured
souls who have "snarl" at each other to make themselves heard over the din of "Bad
Ideas".

What's funny is that several run ins I had that wg chairs shut down just went back to their default mode of nothing getting done. In that time, they have about a hundred open issues and they were still on issue #1 which wasn't particularly exciting or important and had been going on sporadically the entire time I was there which was a couple months. For all I know, they're still stuck on it.

Mike