Re: WG Review: Effective Terminology in IETF Documents (term)

Language policing is not part of the RFC Editor's job.
That may be true today, but when we have a new regime for the RFC Series model it might change, or at least, this whole issue might become part of the style guide.

The style guide seems like a reasonable place for such advice (not policing) to be, and maintaining the style guide seems like the RFC Editor's job.

I would further recommend that the RFC Editor ask specific areas within IETF to make their consensus-based preferences for area-specific language known, e.g. the difference between on-path attack and in-path attack.   But I would like to have the RFC Editor be the compiler/maintainer of such information.

Keith