Re: Quic: the elephant in the room

On 4/9/21 4:26 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
It is only a 'three packet handshake' if you ignore the off path interactions with the DNS service. The timeout on DNS tens to be rather smaller than that most would be comfortable with for crypto.

I don't see why it can't be long lived, but even normal TTL's would get amortized over a lot of connections. Right now with certs it is a 5 message affair which cannot get better. But that is why one of $BROWSERVENDORS doing an experiment would be helpful.

Mike