Quic: the elephant in the room

I wrote a blog post about how something like DANE could be used instead of certificates for the TLS handshake to get it back to the original 3 packet handshake. I know that isn't news to a lot of people, but the interesting part is that a Google could perform an experiment to see how well it works in real life just like they did with Quic and Spdy. Since Quic is all about making setup time faster, it seems like a pretty reasonable experiment since it would cut out 2 packets generally speaking since DNS can be cached.

https://rip-van-webble.blogspot.com/2021/04/quic-elephant-in-room.html

Mike