Re: Fwd: Initial suggestion from the IETF SAA

I agree to some extent with the SAA(s) here, and was about to send a private message to Lloyd about the same message.  But I do have a request of the SAAs:

Put please don't use the word "unprofessional" or offer judgments about that as reasons to push back on someone, because notions of "professional" include some pretty heinous prejudices. "Professional" without qualification is nothing to aspire to, and vague nonspecific criticisms can have every bit as much of a chilling effect on legitimate conversation as what you're complaining about, if not worse.

It's sufficient to say that Lloyd's message is making an assessment of others' motives.   This should be avoided even if the assessment is not viewed as an "attack".

Thank you.

Keith

p.s. IMO all such actions by the SAAs should be public, because there's a danger of selective enforcement as a means to discourage some participants while leaving others free to be abusive.