Re: A contribution to ongoing terminology work

> On Apr 5, 2021, at 7:25 PM, Wes Hardaker <wjhns1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> It appears we can't have a middle ground?
>
> This is your IETF.  What do you want it to look like?

I've been burned by fierce rejection/dismissal of ideas, and though I can
take it, I can see how it would definitely deter newcomers not yet sure of
their footing.  And though I am by no means traumatised, I do in fact have
to consider whether getting involved is worth my time...

So the culture could indeed be more cooperative.  But to me that has nothing
to do with the terminology issue, which does not address any of the issues you
raise.  The IETF is presently a highly competitive, confrontational environment,
and will remain so whether we speak of blacklists or blocklists.

I don't know what it would it would take to make the IETF more cooperative,
but I do know that TERM isn't it.

--
	Viktor.