Re: A contribution to ongoing terminology work

As I said a few days ago, I don't think that satire is very useful in our context, because it doesn't translate well and may very easily be misunderstood by non-native readers of English.

I can understand an argument that we shouldn't use satire in our context just like I can understand the argument that we should be careful of what idioms and culture-specific references we use. (Though actually I suspect satire is more universally accessible than the latter two.)

But is satire really the issue here?   Of those who thought the drafts deserved the responses they got, did they really not understand that the drafts were satirical?   Or did they think that even while realizing that the drafts were satirical?

Keith