Re: A contribution to ongoing terminology work

Hi Ben,
At 08:20 PM 01-04-2021, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
[obligatory disclosure: this is not a statement of the IESG, and I did not
consult with any of my fellow ADs on its content before sending.  It is
shaped in part by some discussions we had, but the opinions expressed are
my own.]

Ok.

draft-wood-term-modest-proposal-00 is, in my opinion, a social commentary formulated as a criticism of the IETF. The first three words in the title of the draft is an indication that it is likely satire. The sentence in Section 10 is further indication that the document was intended as an "April 1" document. As a side comment, there was a discussion about such documents eight years ago.

The author attempted to draw attention to a problem. Is the problem about acceptable terminology or something else?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy