Re: IETF LLC & IETF Participation from USA-sanctioned countries

On 3/3/21 18:43, Keith Moore wrote:

I'm guessing that there are other barriers in a similar category: do we have any  idea how many people haven't been able to attend meetings in person because of visa issues?

FWIW, all of the questions that you raise are certainly valid and important.

However, if the "OFAC Compliance Policy" could result in people prevented from participating, much more than an obstacle, but rather outright discrimination being exercised by the IETF itself. -- as noted, I'd hope that's not even among the possible outcomes.

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks