Re: HTML for email

In article <20210301235244.GN21@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> you write:
>On Mon, Mar 01, 2021 at 06:47:20PM -0500, Keith Moore wrote:
>I put the "web" qualifier in because there is also an official IMAP
>archive, that does preserve the message as submitted.  But it's not very
>discoverable and requires quite a bit more effort to set up and use.

There's also an mbox format archive for people who really want the bits at:

https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/text/

It's rsync-able.

If people want the mail archive to show HTML, there's certainly plenty of HTML sanitizers
we could use to show the HTML version of messages if we thought that was a good use of
the tools team's time.

On the other hand, perhaps we could make up our mind first whether formatted e-mail is a
part of the way the world works now, or it's a scourge to be stomped out.  Like, you know, NAT.

R's,
John