Re: [Last-Call] New Version Notification for draft-crocker-inreply-react-07.txt

You can already send arbitrary bytes over the wire, and nothing in this document changes that.

Indeed, you can already send an email with these exact sequence that Barry is mentioning here, and have it rendered "correctly" in the body of an email.

Recipients already need to sanity check anything coming in, and could block any sequence they don't like.

Literally the only point of a standards document referencing something like UTS#51 (apart from the initial guidance to allow people to create something compatible) is so that if something doesn't work, then in a discussion between the sender and the receiver there's a documented version of who is more correct.

I'm with Dave on this still - this whole discussion seems like some baulking at shadows which aren't there.

Bron.