Re: document writing/editing tools used by IETF

In article <3196.1614554436@localhost> you write:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>

>John Levine <johnl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    > Indeed, but that was many decades ago. There are some ways in which the
>    > IETF is cutting edge, some in which we are amusingly backward. Most of
>    > the people I deal with can send an e-mail that says "I highlighted the
>    > changes in yellow" and all of their correspondents see the yellow
>    > text. Try that here. Remember that MIME was invented in the IETF and
>    > HTML down the virtual hall from here, both about 30 years ago.
>
>Yup, and those same people also click on the links that install malware on
>their computer, and require billions of dollars/year of protection against
>trojans.

This kind of snark is not very helpful. Rendering colors in HTML has
nothing to do with whether a system has security bugs that let random
web links install software.  Even lynx can render colors and it's not
going to install anything.

>[Besides, highlighting changes in *yellow* is stupid, and it represents a
>failure of our protocols.  You should highlight changes as mark-up, or as a
>delta against a webdav]

Interesting guess, but in this case wrong.

R's,
John