Re: [Gendispatch] Diversity and Inclusiveness in the IETF

Hi, Lars,

On 26/2/21 05:34, Lars Eggert wrote:
On 2021-2-25, at 21:34, Fernando Gont <fgont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 25/2/21 16:24, Salz, Rich wrote:
of git/github does represent yet another barrier.
Nothing requires anyone to use Git or GitHub.

If a WG somewhat requires use of github, then the barrier is there.

It may be a barrier to some. It may also *lower* the barrier for others. It's a tradeoff.

That's essentially what I tried to note.

FWIW, I only had one experience of github usage in an IETF wg, and the result wasn't probably the best -- discussion split in to different places, some huge monolithic pull requests, and other things. -- of course, this doesn't talk about the tool, but rather about how it was used. -- Glad it worked differently for QUIC!

Out of curiosity: has the experience been documented such that e.g. other groups could learn/reproduce the adjustments you referred to?

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks