Re: [Last-Call] [Curdle] Last Call: <draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-kex-sha2-14.txt> (Key Exchange (KEX) Method Updates and Recommendations for Secure Shell (SSH)) to Proposed Standard

With regard to recent comments on this draft by Rene and Mališa:

- A number of the comments are welcome improvements. They will improve the quality of the document and can be accommodated without substantially resetting progress on the draft.

- Some other comments are fairly fundamental. For those things to be seriously looked at, progress on the draft has to be effectively reset, and a new consensus has to be sought.

A reason this draft has already taken as long as it has is that consensus is difficult to achieve about a document that covers all of the SSH key exchanges and attempts to make normative remarks. Now, reviewers who never previously looked at this have different opinions about decisions that were subject to prolonged discussions and consensus votes. These reviewers appear to expect their views to be considered alongside the consensus - perhaps to override it, invalidate it, correct it, or something of the sort.

I propose that reviews at this late stage should focus on changes that are appropriate for this late stage, not changes that require a return to the drafting board. If people have personal opinions about how things should be done in SSH, then maybe they should get involved before last call.

denis