Re: Maintenance WG: Re: How to get diversity of nominees was Re: Diversity of candidates was Re: NomCom 2020 Announcement of Selections

Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > One of the reasons some WGs linger is that their function requires
    > continuous tweakage, GSSAPI/KITTEN being an example. Better to have one
    > WG with the purpose of lingering than four lingering past their
    > sell-by.

Yes, but there is a cost to the participants of being on an "area
maintenance" WG when there are long threads that have nothing to do with the
protocols on which they are experts.
(It would be different if we used Usenet news readers, which I think you
would agree)

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )