Re: Non routable IPv6 registry proposal

Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote on 20/01/2021 21:58:
So lets say I decide to start up a registry. I write up an RFC describing the answers to the issues you raise and I get FC00::0000/32 to allocate on an experimental basis. Worst that can happen is I screw up and lose track of who was allocated what. I can now issue 4 billion /64s before I have to come and ask for more space.
whoa, wait up there! Either you have a registry or you don't. If your model is ok with long term inaccuracy due to data loss, data rot, or cruft accumulation, then the question needs to be asked whether you ought to be running a registry to start with. The whole point of a registry is that it provides some level of comfort about resource registration accuracy.

Nick