Re: Principles of Spam-abatement

Ed Gerck wrote:
	[..]
> grenville armitage wrote:
	[..]
> > and thus have gained entry to your circle of
> > people-worth-talking-with.
>
> Solely by what you wrote, my point exactly.

Actually, your point appeared to be that you'd respond to a
previously-unknown correspondent who wrote _about something you'd
previously written_  (and I quote):

> > > If someone sends me a message asking for my comment
> > > because they read some other comment I wrote, do I really
> > > care who that someone is... or who they know?

You yourself have identified the criteria 'they read some other comment
I wrote', not just "they wrote something interesting". I observe
that the former criteria qualifies as a variant of "...who they know".

FWIW.

cheers,
gja
--