Re: new directions in mlm traffic: integration

On 1/9/21 7:19 PM, John Levine wrote:
In article <e2f6e069-3b1e-7f5c-0b1e-955170e6618a@xxxxxxxx> you write:
Forum software has been around for decades at this point though and
doesn't have the limitations of being tied to MUA UI. ...
If there's any interest, I could write an I-D with it a little bit more
baked. Apologies if this has already been discussed.
It sems ike a reasonable thing to look into but I'd think a more
productive way to go would be to see what software already exists that
does this kind of stuff, preferably with credible paid support. We
already have too much custom bespoke stuff for applications that
aren't really all that unusual.

The right thing to do would be to look at what "integration" actually means, as well as what constitutes an agreeable message UI before hunting down candidate software. The message UI is likely to be a source of friction since there are so many MUA's with their own quirks and advocates.

Of course the right answer might just be to hack up gnus because... emacs. I'm sure it has embedded webkit by now.

Mike