Re: Old directions in social media.

>    As such, we end up having this fight over and over in various working
    groups.

Oh well, the price of openness is that you have to decide how you want to get things done I guess.

>    And, equally understandably, some folks want to push the newer approach
    as required for all WGs

I have not seen this.  I have seen some WG's moving to adopt it, but as you point out that's a per-WG approach.  The fact that some people dislike it doesn't raise it to be a general IETF issue.