Re: Old directions in social media. - Issue trackers

>  As
>    long as the discussion is visible and understandable (yes, I am
>    repeating myself) on the email list.

Did you ever read any moderated mailing lists, such as the RISKS digest, or any other digest?  Did you ever reply to such a posting? Did you use Usenet? What about messages where people top-post, use fonts for emphasis, or *like this* or _like this_ ?  What about emoticons? After all, they MIME was 1996, and the smiley was 1982 [http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~sef/].

"Visible and understandable" sounds like truisms, but are meaningless without qualifiers. Got metrics?  Or should we just add "to me"?