Re: Telnet and FTP to Historic

In article <F684473E-C836-4521-88EF-ABE02DD5CAFC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you write:
>Since when were IETF people operators that used debugging tools?
>
>I end up using telnet daily to connect to route servers to debug what is going on. I don't care who is watching me as maybe they can fix the problem for me I am
>debugging.

My guess is that you're using a telnet program but you're probably not using the telnet protocol.

Telnet has a gazillion options to control a Network Virtual Terminal,
since back in the day there was a whole lot more variation among
terminal character sets and control features.

Are you using any of those, or would a program like nc that just sets
up a two way TCP session to a remote server work just as well?

R's,
John