Re: [Last-Call] [TLS] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate-09.txt> (Deprecating TLSv1.0 and TLSv1.1) to Best Current Practice

> it's a source of endless difficulty and
    frustration due to the clash between "we can't replace or upgrade these
    systems at the moment" and "there's some document that's just popped up
    that says we need to take them out of production and replace them".

But in response to Eliot you said

> The fact that many of these devices are extremely critical is precisely why
   they're never replaced or upgraded, because they can't be taken out of
   production.