Re: [Last-Call] [TLS] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate-09.txt> (Deprecating TLSv1.0 and TLSv1.1) to Best Current Practice

STARK, BARBARA H <bs7652@xxxxxxx> writes:

>If someone feels a strong need to ignore this in their own network, they will
>have no difficulty doing so (and have no difficulty justifying it to
>themselves and others inside their org).

It's actually the complete opposite, they will have every difficulty in doing
so.  You've got systems engineers whose job it is to keep things running at
all costs, or where the effort to replace/upgrade is almost insurmountable,
who now have to deal with pronouncements from standards groups that insist
they not keep things running.  I don't know where you get this idea that this
will cause "no difficulty" from, it's a source of endless difficulty and
frustration due to the clash between "we can't replace or upgrade these
systems at the moment" and "there's some document that's just popped up
that says we need to take them out of production and replace them".

Peter.