Re: Regarding "Call for Community Feedback: Retiring IETF FTP Service"

On 11/30/20 9:12 AM, Roman Danyliw wrote:

I stand corrected.  This is really interesting solution.  Thanks for sharing.

You inspired me to look at other FUSE wrappers to mount IETF servers as a local file system.  I found these for mounting an HTTP directory listings from a webserver:

FUSE is great, except when it isn't.   I had to reboot yesterday because sshfs/FUSE got wedged to the point that I basically couldn't get work done.   Something always gets lost when an unscheduled reboot becomes necessary.  (if nothing else, valuable context gets lost)

Also, I prefer to use tools that work by design rather than by accident.  With FTP I don't have to worry about the format of a web page changing.

Keith