Re: [109all] NOC update #2

--On Thursday, November 19, 2020 22:57 +1300 Jay Daley
<jay@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi John
>
> As this is quite a political question I will answer it for you.
>
> If the criticisms are narrowly interpreted as being about the
> front end we are running then this information implies that
> they were likely based on an incorrect interpretation of the
> issues.  If however the criticisms are more broadly
> interpreted as about the whole approach of us taking
> responsibility for the systems integration rather than
> outsourcing to an integrated service provider, then this
> information does not change anything.

Jay,

thanks.

I was seeing both of the criticisms (as well as what I think was
the implication that the network failures and their effect were
a result of the systems integration process [1]) and was
actually trying to find a way to separate them.

  john

[1] I may just be unlucky, but I've seen runs of failures with
symptoms similar to those we saw "with Meetecho" in recent
months with the likes of Zoom and GoToMeeting, so we should not
assume that outsourcing would completely eliminate the risk of
those problems.  Ignoring whether we could get needed
functionality, the only thing it would guarantee is having
someone else to blame.