Marilyn Cade

Many of you will not have heard the name Marilyn Cade.  Word has reached me of her passing.  To my knowledge, she has never written or authored an RFC or a draft.  Marilyn worked many years for AT&T, and then later as an independent contractor.  Her mission in life was to defend the open Internet, and she did so tirelessly, in front of governments who would rather have seen a far more government-controlled network.  Doing so helped the IETF to keep doing what we do so well.  She was a formidable presence at IGF, ICANN, a regular at the ITU, and at various other international fora to support the Internet, and a mentor to many, including me.

She had the Internet’s back, and she will be missed.

Eliot