Re: A sad farewell

Am 03.11.2020 um 15:42 schrieb Henrik Levkowetz:

Henrik,

bad news, giving your importance in progressing the tools landscape over
all these years. I hope that there's a plan in place to hand over the
stuff that you've been working on, but it would clearly be better if the
problems you mentioned could be resolved in such a way that you feel
comfortable in staying.

FWIW, the two of us *did* have quite a few disagreements in the last two
years about the v3 transition/implementation/evolution - but that
doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your hard work in this area.

While we're at it: this seems to be a good opportunity to thank
everybody who is spending a sizable amount of their available time -
often unpaid time, btw - to maintain and progress all these tools we
rely on. This is not only about writing and maintaining these (remember
the time we had to work on the ancient TCL code 10 years ago just to be
able to support ever-changing header&boilerplate requirements?), but
also about patiently helping people with their authoring/submission
problems at any time of the day.

Best regards, Julian