Re: Reminder: Please fill out our survey on IETF authoring tools

Jay Daley wrote on 02/11/2020 18:39:
I’ve looked at this based on your earlier report and while occasional problems have been reported with both Ghostery and AdblockPlus, it’s not clear if either is at fault here.  In response to your previous request "Can you ensure that future surveys work with common browser add-ons? Qualtrics are unusually prone to problems in this area." I’m afraid that’s not possible for two reasons.  One is that these addons can be configured in many different ways with various combinations of rulesets and so testing that is not possible, and the second is that Qualtrics is by far the best survey system I’ve so far encountered and I would not want to downgrade unless there were a major problem that could not be fixed.

the problem was apparently related to Ghostery smart blocking. If smart blocking is enabled, the ietf survey site works ok; if it's disabled, it doesn't work.

I understand your take on this from the point of view of tooling functionality. Conversely, from the end user point of view, you're already making an ask for our time to fill out a survey, so if there's another hoop to jump through, e.g. having to load the site on a VM / someone else's computer / debug root cause / etc, that's often going to be enough to cause people to sigh and delete the email, and then no-one wins.

Maybe you could raise the issue with Qualtrics and ask them to fix the problem? It's fully repeatable.

Nick