Re: Reminder: Please fill out our survey on IETF authoring tools

Hi Nick

On 3/11/2020, at 3:38 AM, Nick Hilliard <nick@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Antonio Diaz Diaz wrote on 02/11/2020 11:22:
I'll be glad to fill out any IETF survey if it can be done without _javascript_.

I'm ok with JS, but the company IT policy includes bits on installing browser add-ons to block online tracking.  These add-ons don't work with Qualtrics surveys, so all I see is a spinning circle.

I’ve looked at this based on your earlier report and while occasional problems have been reported with both Ghostery and AdblockPlus, it’s not clear if either is at fault here.  In response to your previous request "Can you ensure that future surveys work with common browser add-ons? Qualtrics are unusually prone to problems in this area." I’m afraid that’s not possible for two reasons.  One is that these addons can be configured in many different ways with various combinations of rulesets and so testing that is not possible, and the second is that Qualtrics is by far the best survey system I’ve so far encountered and I would not want to downgrade unless there were a major problem that could not be fixed.

Jay

Nick

--
Jay Daley