Re: [legal] Enough is Enough.

On Oct 20, 2020, at 4:37 PM, Timothy Mcsweeney <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That was in BCP 78.  And section 4 makes that argument moot for Khaled, don't you agree?

I’m not even an armchair lawyer, but when I look at Section 4, it says "must be marked appropriately as described in the Legend Instructions.” If one follows the trail of breadcrumbs to see exactly what that means, one finds that a different legend is required for "all Alternate Stream Documents (including RFCs and Internet-Drafts)”. It wasn’t used in this instance; rather, the standard IETF stream legend was used.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

—John