Re: Consultation on proposed IETF LLC Community Engagement Policy

I think the section on Nomcom feedback is broken, in that it in many respects
makes the LLC board members immune from feedback to the NomCom from some of
the individuals (staff, contractors, RPC) that have closest contact with the
LLC board members, and can most directly be affected by LLC Board misbehaviour.

Having myself been affected in this way by bad behaviour from the board as
a contractor in the handling of the Tools Maintenance RFP a year ago, I find
it interesting that the LLC Board now proposes that I should be prevented from
giving feedback to the NomCom about board and member behaviour.

The proposal mentions possible retaliation from staff or contractors against
LLC Board members, but not possible retaliation against staff or contractors
from LLC Board members.  This is also seems skewed, and retaliation in the
other direction is unfortunately far more likely and easy to carry through if
there is no possibility of feedback to the NomCom.

In any case, feedback to the NomCom about performance is a necessary check on
bad behaviour and unfitness for any position.  I don't think any limitation
on feedback to the NomCom on the performance of NomCom-selected individuals is
appropriate.

	Henrik