Re: Consultation on proposed IETF LLC Community Engagement Policy

How much of the whole discussion could be covered by a more general requirement of "Avoid appearance of possible conflict of interest"?  I think it is difficult to specify more exactly with the risk of lawyerly mis-interpretation. You're left with the problem of deciding who decides, but you have that problem anyway. Being more explicit about some kinds of conflicts doesn't help and may even make things worse..