Re: [tlp-interest] Proposed Policy on Rights in IANA Parameter Registry Data

> I have copywritten material on those registries and I was nt under any obligation to give up copyrights when a submission was made

I do not think is correct, for at least two reasons:

  1. It is unlikely that the text in an IANA registry is anything other than “de minimus” and therefor not copyrightable
  2. You seem to be ignoring the implied compilation copyright that IANA has on the collection of registry items
  3. If the registry entry came from an RFC (which I tend to doubt yours did), then the copyright is the IETF LLC

Can you point out which specific content in the registry is yours?