Re: Consultation on early switch of IETF 110 to an online meeting

Cancel the meeting as soon as possible.

Even if there is a logistical possibility of a meeting then, the likelihood of a successful meeting is small. Corporations are going to be very cautious about re-enabling travel. Universities even more so.

In the unlikely event that in-person meetings suddenly become practical, we can get creative about use of the hubs. IETFs were always a pretty silly way for me to meet up with people who live and work less than 10 miles from me. We might even have to think about adopting that approach regardless.

Things are never going to return to how they were before. We have learned that teleworking is practical on a vastly greater scale than we ever imagined before. People are starting to get used to cities that are free of pollution from cars. Bells cannot be unrung.