Re: Call for comments: Proposals for exploratory IETF meetings

Khaled,

We’re not looking for “accurate count” or “votes,” we are looking for
a simple consensus on whether or not the IETF LLC should *explore* a
set of locations to determine whether or not they are suitable for an
IETF meeting. There are *many* factors that are taken into account
involving everything from Internet access, visa availability, cost and
time of (average) travel for attendees, venue expenses, safety and much more.

If you want to see what items are considers, look at the venue requirements
RFC and if you want to see how the community gets involved in these
discussions, look no further than the debate that erupted before our FIRST
meeting in Singapore.

Ole

> On 31 Aug 2020, at 12:56, Khaled Omar <eng.khaled.omar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Why we don't focus on something and work to achieve it?
>
> With fukk respect to Latin/South American cities, we were focused on three countries, Australia, New Zealand, and Egypt.
>
> It is good that you support two countries simultaneously but we still have to choose one location for the meeting, so accurate answers will be counted as it is like a voet.
>
> Maybe the IETF should think about a counting chart that shows the choices of all participants to get an accurate result about the majority and the consensus.
>
> Khaled Omar

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher
The Internet Protocol Journal