Re: what's a continent, Call for comments: Proposals for exploratory IETF meetings

In article <89969351-a5b7-11b2-c0a5-1dd2cee24ecf@xxxxxxx>,
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond <ocl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>May I propose that instead of arguing these things, the IETF might wish
>to use an authoritative list like the one published by the United
>Nations for this very purpose: statistical convenience?
>https://unstats.un.org/unsd/methodology/m49/

That list tells us that Russia is in Europe and Turkey is in Asia
which I think will surprise people living in Siberia and Marmara.

Perhaps we can use the ICANN geographic regions and meet in Martinique
or Anguilla, which are in Europe, to replace our cancelled meeting in
Madrid.

R's,
John

PS: since this is the IETF, there's no chance we can just stop worrying
and make the obvious choices
--
Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",