Re: A Public Option for the Core

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 3:17 PM Paul Wouters <paul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How is this different from a non-profit IX ?

it sounds like the proposal is effectively (to use your example) a
"global non-profit IX".

It sounds like the expectation is likely that:
  1) 'the core' operates globally as a neutral provider
  2) 'the core' offers 'transit' to end-networks (LMPs) at a cost
which is not ... usery
  3) all of the global areas have the same world view on 'Network Neutrality'

It seems ... like a pretty high lift to move from today to the utopia proposed.