Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

On Aug 7, 2020, at 12:15 PM, Dan Harkins <dharkins@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  The interesting thing is that in my off-list chats with the "in group" I
was told that the harm is to segments of society by people who these "in
group" members clearly were not part of. For example, there was a reference
made by a white cis male to harm caused by statements made in the TERF wars.

  So I did not use the words "professionally wounded" or "snowflakes" but
I have come up with another term: offense-by-proxy.

Isn't it possible that the people who might be offended or turned off by something aren't around to give you feedback, specifically b/c they were offended or turned off by those things?

Thanks,
Chris.