Re: Disappointing take-up of Gather.Town

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 03:32:02AM -0000, John Levine wrote:
> Please don't. Pick a time zone for each meeting and use it.  The next meeting will be on Bangkok time whether we're there in person or not, which will give a different set of people jet/zoom lag.

Sure, this was just a crazy idea to stimulate more discussion,
solely taken from my experience that after getting
into a different time zone, the jet lag causes irregularities in
day/night cycle for a week anyhow. I didn't even mean to say
i would have worked out how to positively leverage that.

As i said, survey and more discussion about the time structure are
IMHO quite useful.

Another example observation is that the compressed schedule of a core
5 hours (1100 - 1600) might be useful to allow attendees figure out if
this is going to be their long morning or long afternoon and minimize
the impact of the meeting to one's work/life balance, but it does
of course also minimize social interactions because it does explicitly
remove the normal choice of planning meetings around lunch as a mayor
part of socialization.

Cheers
    Toerless

--