Re: Appeal from Tim McSweeney regarding draft-mcsweeney-drop-scheme

I will start with #14.  Your appeal decision says "We thus interpret this appeal point to be a claim that this Designated Expert is unaware of who manages the URI.ARPA zone, and that on that basis he should be recalled from that position."

Here is a copy I sent Murray and Barry when they asked for clarification:

Hi Murray,
Hi Barry,
Claim 14.) The decision of the IESG to designate an URI review expert
that may not be aware of the responsibility of the uri.arpa zone.

This claim came from the response I recieved from the IANA on 6/30/2020
after a short series of emails where I asked Michelle the same question
I had asked Graham 4 months prior. Michelle new exactly what I was asking
and answered the question directly. When I showed her Graham's response
to the same question, which was basically, I don't know what you're
talking about, she said "He may not be aware of the responsibility of the
uri.arpa zone." This statement is where my claim comes from.
My first thought was, how can I be getting a technical review on URIs
from someone who doesn't know about uri.arpa.
My second thought was that Michelle is covering for the terrible reply I
recieved from Graham as an answer to the same question.

**Special note**
I almost did not include this claim because Michelle has been really
great to me and I don't want to ruin what I feel is a great start
but I felt it showed that I was being pushed sideways from the
very begining so I included it.

Sincerely,
Tim

And here is the email conversation:

Graham Klyne is the uri-scheme expert.  He may not be aware of the responsibility of the uri.arpa zone.  Together with the IAB, we handle the administration of the uri.arpa zone.

We have many internal and external experts that we consult with on various change requests.

If errors are reported, they would be investigated.
If a new naptr record were going to be added and there were errors, our DNS engineering team would most likely report that back to us.

Does that help answer your question?

Michelle