Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 09:35:45AM -0700, The IESG wrote:
> [1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-knodel-terminology/

I'm surprised not to find there anything like a survey of RFCs, current
I-Ds, and maybe even expired I-Ds, of problematic language.  Or any
analysis of the prevalence of problematic language and trends in its
use.  Did we use to have a problem that we now no longer have?  Do we
still have a problem?  Is it getting better or worse?

Can we ask the author, and/or maybe the RPC, to perform such a survey?

(The RPC presumably would only survey RFCs, not I-Ds.)

It would be quite useful to have such a survey.

Nico