Re: USA dominion: Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

>>> What do you mean ? If i join an ISOC chapter, i am not allowed anymore to read RFCs ?
>>
>> No, but reading, implementing, or discussing RFCs isn???t the point of ISOC chapters.
>>
>> I.e., they???re not really representative of the community of people who read or use RFCs any more than LEGO robot club members.
> ISOC is even doing regular? teaching session for network operators,
> i would be suprised if none of the IETF is ever read by operators.

ISOC > ISOC chapters

(I’d have implied “much greater than”, but “>>” means shift in most programming languages).

> Also remember that ISOC itself is somehow involved in financing the IETF,
>
> And finally: if nobody reads RFCs, who the heck are we doing the more "polite"
> words for ? Just ourselves ?

You used ISOC chapters as an example of how to poll the global technical community. That fails for the reasons I have given.

You also seem to be locked onto the idea that somehow we’re officially elevating a set of people to stand in judgement. We aren’t.

All we’re trying to do is gather info from anyone who is interested. That’s about all the IETF can do (or ever does).

Joe