Re: packets of multiple users sent over the same TCP/IP session

Haim,

HR> SMPP is a good example to what I am looking for, and I am trying to see if
HR> other
HR> protocol foreseen in the future (or past) have the same characteristics:

RFC1692, Transport Multiplexing Protocol, was designed for the
operation you appear to be describing.

As long as you have access to the necessary bits of protocol software
in the stack, it's a simple, flexible and efficient mechanism.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>