Re: Challenge: was Re: Updated Nomcom 2020-2021: Result of random selection process

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 11:00 AM Yoav Nir <ynir.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Clearly, Luigi requested to be removed because both he and the NomCom chair agreed with an interpretation like mine. If the powers that be (which AFAIK is the NomCom chair) decide that this is a wrong interpretation, he should at least be allowed to withdraw his resignation which was made in error.

I don't agree with your reading of the RFC. But, even if I did, it seems unwise to do this kind of negotiation. Your reading grants the chair a lot of discretion, but does not make a case for this particular decision. For example, one relevant piece of information might be who the next few candidates would have been.

It would be a shame to call any of these into question:

- selection of NomCom members
- the actions of their nominees
- the IETF itself

If those seem questionable, there is no benefit to publishing an RFC over an Internet Draft.

thanks,
Rob