Re: [Last-Call] Iotdir last call review of draft-ietf-dhc-v6only-03

Philip Homburg <pch-ietf-7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> Huh? NAT64 can involves no host changes at all (other than not having IPv4 to
    >> succeed in network attachment, and as Lorenzo said, IPv4 literals in some ancien
    >> t protocols).

    > I don't know if you consider http://192.0.2.1/ an ancient protocol, but this
    > is typically something that breaks with NAT64.

Yes, I do consider it past it's time, but not as ancient as FTP.
It does have literals in the protocol, in the Host: header.

https://192.0.2.1/ is the modern equivalent, and due to the IPv4 literal,
does not get security, so it doesn't work.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-