Re: [Last-Call] [dhcwg] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-dhc-v6only-03

Hi Russ,

Thanks a lot for reviewing the document.
All your comments will be addressed in -04, which I plan to submit
after the IETF LC ends.

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 6:40 AM Russ Housley via Datatracker
<noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Reviewer: Russ Housley
> Review result: Has Nits
>
> I reviewed this document as part of the Security Directorate's ongoing
> effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
> comments were written primarily for the benefit of the Security Area
> Directors.  Document authors, document editors, and WG chairs should
> treat these comments just like any other IETF Last Call comments.
>
> Document: draft-ietf-dhc-v6only-03
> Reviewer: Russ Housley
> Review Date: 2020-06-18
> IETF LC End Date: 2020-07-02
> IESG Telechat date: unknown

> Major Concerns:
>
> None.
>

> Minor Concerns:
>
> Section 3.4 includes:
>
>     V6ONLY_WAIT     The minimum time the client SHOULD stop the DHCPv4
>                     configuration process for. MUST be no less than
>                     MIN_V6ONLY_WAIT seconds. Default: 1800 seconds
>
> The second sentence should include a subject; and "MUST NOT" seems like
> a better wording to me.  I suggest:
>
>     V6ONLY_WAIT     The minimum time for which the client SHOULD stop
>                     the DHCPv4 configuration process. The value MUST NOT
>                     be less than MIN_V6ONLY_WAIT seconds.
>                     Default: 1800 seconds.
>

> Nits:
>
> Section 2: s/seems only natural/seems natural/
>
> Section 3.3.1: s/for V6ONLY_WAIT second/for V6ONLY_WAIT seconds/

SY, Jen Linkova aka Furry